Welcome to Ms. Diaz's PreK Classroom
Welcome to PreK 1.
Here is some important information:
- Make sure all belongings are labeled. (Sweatshirts, jackets, lunch boxes, etc.)
- Send in lunch and a healthy snack. In the event your child comes without lunch, a school lunch will be provided at the cost of $3.75. Breakfast is also available at a cost of $1.75.
- Send your child in uniform. Pre-K students are welcome to wear their gym uniform daily.
- Check your child’s folder each night for important information.
- Check for homework and complete with your child. (Starting later in the year.)
- Check your email for the Principal’s Tuesday Communication Letter. Be sure to provide current e-mail address information to the school office or you will miss important information.
Arrival / Dismissal
- Please arrive to school on time (7:45.) Any arrival after 8AM is considered late.
- Please be on time for dismissal (Full day- 2:45, Half Day- 11:45.)
- If you are running late for pick up or have a dismissal change, please contact the office.
- We are happy to celebrate your child’s birthday. You may send in a small special snack on the day you wish to celebrate. The snack can be sent in at drop off or dropped in to the office. No pizza or goody bags.
- Your child is welcome to dress up on their birthday.
- Please call the main office to report your child absent (201-659-5948.)
- Please send an absentee note when your child returns to school.
- 3 or more consecutive absences require a doctor’s note when returning to school.
Regarding our Curriculum:
The curriculum used in our program is based on the Early Childhood Education Curriculum of the Archdiocese of Newark. Our program provides children with a broad array of literacy, writing, math, social studies, and science skills. At the same time, students are taught that God made us and the whole world. Students are active learners and therefore activities are engaging and student centered.
The Pre-Kindergarten offers a full day program for three and four year olds that provides academics along with hands-on experiences within a Christian atmosphere. Emphasis is placed upon the child's social, emotional, and educational development. The age-appropriate setting uses the Houghton Mifflin Prek-K program which allows each child to develop and flourish at his or her own individual pace and promotes self-worth and self-esteem. Handwriting, pre-reading skills, mathematics, social studies, and science are all infused into the theme-based curriculum. Students enjoy art projects, music, gym class, and technology classes. Kindergarten readiness is a focus of the program.
Curriculum Overview: Scroll down for details.
Taken altogether the total experience delivers on our school mission: To embrace, nurture, and educate all God's children preparing them for lives of service and leadership rooted in the Gospel values of faith, hope, and love.
St. Nicholas' Pre K 1