St. Nicholas School is a Catholic school established in 1886. It operates today under the Archdiocese of Newark Schools Office. It is staffed by a certified lay faculty and the Sisters of Christian Charity.
Our Catholic atmosphere provides the students with the opportunity to develop spiritually, intellectually, physically and socially. We are committed to the challenging task of teaching as Jesus did and living His mission. We endeavor to bring out the best in every child.
Mother Pauline von Mallinckrodt
Our Mission Statement directs us to embrace, nurture, and educate all God's children, preparing them for lives of service and leadership rooted in the Catholic values of faith, hope, and love.
- Every student is a child of God and will be treated with love and respect.
- Effective education of the individual requires a collaboration of students, parents, and teachers.
- Students will be encouraged to be responsible for living a life of faith, service, and purpose.
- Each student is entitled to a safe learning environment.
- Students will be engaged in a culturally diverse environment that fosters acceptance and a sense of community.
- Students will be given the technological tools in order to become successful in a digital world.
Profile of a Graduate
The graduates of Saint Nicholas School will be...
- Christian witnesses of the Gospel
- Future leaders in their communities
- Service-minded individuals
- Lifelong learners
- Technologically savvy